Penang #bestripever



I wanted to go to Amsterdam for the weekend, but my financial constraints were limiting. Second best, is Penang. So I made my move.
A video posted by Khalid (@khalids_77) on

Reached there around midnight, met my father and went for a barbecue at an old friend's place in Kelawai.

In the morning, went to buy nasi lemak at Taman Tun Sardon market, one of the greatest place on earth to have breakfast. Had the small nasi lemak, superb!


A photo posted by Khalid (@khalids_77) on
Of course, for lunch I went for the best mee goreng in the world, ever at Bangkok Lane.


My sister was also delivering a baby. She wanted to do it naturally, using a midwife , at home. I didn't realise this at first. I thought the pool in the house was for Imaan, my niece, below. Little did I realise that it is to be used for my sister's water birthing.


A photo posted by Khalid (@khalids_77) on
I wanted to see a Penang football match after a long while that I have not seen the local football team. Penang had just qualified for Liga Super. That night, we were to meet Pahang, the runners up for the Malaysia cup in 2015.

On the way to the stadium

And Penang won! 4-1 !

Lost my voice that night. Penang people are not known to be quiet, especially in a stadium, cheering.

So when I came back home after the match, I was caught with another happy surprise.

My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! Just as I arrived, the baby popped out.

Both baby and mother appear healthy and happy
The next morning, I went hiking with my childhood friend at Monkey Beach, Penang.




And finally, made it to my mother's final resting place. Al Fatihah.

A photo posted by Khalid (@khalids_77) on

So, that's it. One of the best trip ever back to my hometown.





Comments

Popular Posts