Running

I was adviced to take up a hobby to make me less of a whining douchebag. Football have always been my favourite past time, until my thigh injury forcibly make my kicks whimpy-like and for ego's sick, I can't kick so might as well I stop playing football. 

So there goes the love of my life. Once I stop playing, even watching football or keeping up with EPL seems boring. So I left it at that. One good thing is that I don't have to keep up or stand for some EPL club and argue aimlessly on which is the best team and why. 

So I thought that maybe I can try walking at parks. I was a runner but I am a smoker so walking looks like a peaceful, monotonous boring thing to do that will make my life more meaningful. 
<p>So I went to a park and started walking. Little did I know that people are uber competitive this days. Uncles look down on me as if saying "If I can run this fast why you, a young good looking man can't do it?"

So my ego got the best of me and I started moving faster. Then this thin sickly young dude accidentally (I assume) rubbed shoulders and I thought "I can run too, dweeb".

And then I ran. For 3 minutes 22 seconds. Well, I didn't wanna die.

But running made me look at things differently. Not only it made me sleep earlier,more importantly my intellect and emotional control is way higher now. Different way of looking at things and accepting the natural order of the world.

Now, I feel lost if I go three days without running. I jog at Bukit Kiara most of the time because the area is just beautiful and devoid of the square things humans called buildings.

Lets hope this become a habit!

Comments

Popular Posts