Koh Samui, Thailand in December 2014


I was told that Koh Samui had a sky full of stars. And so I went.

Boarded a plane on Sunday, 14th December at noon and arrived at a Hawaii-esque airport in two hours time from Kuala Lumpur. Well, actually I went with my cousin and his wonderful family, for economies of scale.
The troop (minus Amir, my cousin) 

At dusk, the van turns into an MPV (Moving Party Vehicle)  


watching the sky full of stars


Amir and Zurida. After the dog chasing drama



This is the villa by the beach that we did not stay in


I imagined I was on one of those things

I rented a bike for RM 20 a day but ended up paying RM 300 for the repairs that happened from the crash I had from the rush to the airport that was quite unnecessary. 

Fuel was sold by the bottles. About RM 10 per bottle. A full tank takes in four bottles.
This Israeli lady who showed me the way to a Halal stall that sold sticky rice with honey chicken. Too bad she can't come to Malaysia, though she wanted to visit. "People are good, its the Government that sucks"

Beside the beach, in Chaweng, people were chilling out to electronic music and the sound of the waves

A European DJ spinning at the beach side 

The sea from a stop by between Lamai and Chaweng. I should have gone down further to see but I am too lazy and the scenery that I was having was quite breathtaking already. Cameras can't really capture the moment and I was in a good state at the time. 


"Satu..........Koh Samui"
Another view of the sea from the same location, showing Koh Phangan which I didn't go to 






DJ was playing with good protection behind him just in case the crowd went too wild

The rented steed under the moonlight looked at ease after a dog chase 



In the major shopping mall, this van was serving all kind of drinks, from refreshing latte to mystical, killer sangrias


Dude on the left was playing with fire


This is ze pool from the villa I stayed in



While floating on the pool, this is the view I saw


My last sunrise of the day. After waiting for the clouds to go away. (this was at 8.40, 2 hours after the actual sunrise)

Well, I got my sky full of stars.

Comments

Popular Posts