#Urbanscapes 2014 At Genting


A photo posted by IlusiKonspirasi (@ilusikonspirasi) on


Camat and Sharmaine at the entrance of "Scapes"



So, Camat, Sharmaine and I decided to go to Urbanscapes this time around. I wanted to go to see Evan Dando of Lemonheads, of which the song Into My Arms, was a staple spooning hit during my time. However, we reached there around 6.30pm and I was disoriented from the turnings and cornerings going up Genting and was hungry. So we ate first. Did that happen? I am not too sure anymore.




Anyway, we went around to see what's its all about. Its hipsters all over the place. I have to hide my techno and rock roots deep inside and pretend to hate everything over there. My friend remarked that it was another "Camden Town", to which I disagreed. Camden Town had canals and Genting was on top of a hill. Geography always helps you win important arguments, they say.






The selfie that made me missed Lemonheads





The Invisible White Elephant was sleeping when we visited it

Me having a selfie at a white tent which I don't know what's the purpose for

           Local Natives was quite good. Almost Bumiputera-ish.

A photo posted by Ram Cheong (@ramsterdamz) on

Jagwar Ma was awesome. The three piece band, playing deep house rock music and had peaks in their music that had many tripping people to yell "Ooohh" and "Ahhhhs". Must be good.

My own picture of one of the bands

My personal best for the night was June Marieezy. She was thin, her vocal was not very clear at the small tent they provided but she had the confidence of a laidback diva that controlled the crowd. Her abs was nice.  





Well, I went back right after the last music was turned off. The police was leading dogs to sniff on people who and I had enough bad experiences with dogs.


A photo posted by Miza Firdaus (@nurmiza95) on
Kimbra, the performer known to sing the women's vocal in Somebody I Used to Know with Gotye. Since they can't afford to bring Gotye with them, they can't sing the song so again, I am stuck not knowing any lyrics to any songs to any performers. So I reminded myself of the golden rule of lip syncing "Sometimes if you shout with a nice enough voice they will think you are really good"



A photo posted by @rifhannnnnnnnnn on

Comments

Popular Posts