Watching #HarimauMalaya in Action At Shah Alam #SuzukiCup


So I went to see my national football team, fondly known as #HarimauMalaya play in Suzuki Cup, the South East Asian equivalent of World Cup except that it's only for South East Asian Countries, repeats every two years instead of four and have so much fewer girls baring their assets.

The stadium was packed and somehow me and my Chinese friend, Foo, (if I had brought along an Indian friend, this posting would be labeled 1Malaysia go watch football) got to see the football at eye level. This means we cannot see the ball getting kicked around as the boards were protecting our views, so most of the time we had to look from the Ipad of a kid who was sitting on his father;s shoulder. If this is not patriotism, I don't know what is.

(actually my Chinese friend is a Malay. But his eyes looks squinted and we doubt his cleanliness so we call him Foo)


Check out the view.



After a few minutes, Malaysia got a penalty. Malaysia led the game against Vietnam 1-0. Previously, we beat our neighbors, Singapore 3-1. Yes, this was going to be a walk in the park. Everyone was enjoying themselves and eating and talking.





The Ultras, the Malaysian version of syariah compliant cheerleaders, were singing some songs everybody was pretending to know to the beat of drums. Some of those drummers looked serious from far. I mean they were drumming for their country! Who knows what will happen if they missed a beat. Well, we are ahead 1 nil to Vietnam and everyone went to piss and get their food, where estimated 40% don't wash their hands, from my observation.


So, I went to eat and got myself an RM 1.50 nasi lemak packet and RM1 mineral water. The kind that you had to poke your straw in them.

 As I was eating, the Ultras Malaya were folding the large Malaysia flag. Hardworking, these boys are. I hope they get paid.

 After the half time, Vietnam scored another two goals. I can't really describe them because I was quite tired and was falling asleep.



So, Malaysia lost to Vietnam. Now, we have to win 2-0 in Vietnam after some Malaysian supporters beat up Vietnamese supporters for no apparent reason. We had to walk in the rain. It was kind of sad that we lost and had to walk back in the rain so we don't really have the chance to demolish or burn anything.

It's going to be cold in Vietnam. Hopefully, Malaysia can win the Suzuki Cup get a public holiday so people can just stay at home instead of pretending to work.


Comments

Popular Posts