Langgaq at Keramat


My great grand aunt passed away. She was around 95 years old, I think. I was notified by Whatsapp from my group of cousins, from my father, from my Kampung group and miscellaneously from other random people. She was my grandmother's sister and both were very nice people. Their generation was a strong willed one, persevering any calamities with amazing calmness and pragmatic nonchalance. May they be blessed for showing me the strength to face adversities.

Masjid Al Ansar in Keramat with a mega fan structure. I was looking at the fan much while praying, I have to admit that. I imagined that there's probably some machine in hell that cuts up people like the fan.

I don't know this uncle but he looked very sad. On the background, some people meeting some important people.

After the prayers for the dead. On the background, some people meeting some important people.

Restoran Langgaq. Translated into English, probably means crash. It says bihun sup but they sell far more food than just that. 


Nasi Lemak something or something. I forgot the name. It was okay.

The satay was good. Better than satay at Rasta TTDI. Well, almost all satay are better than satay at Rasta TTDI.

Rojak pasembor. This was good too. The kuah kacang (not in pic) is excellence.


I sent the pic above to my father as proof that I was here with prominent people from my kampung.

I wanted to spend my mates the food but left my wallet in my car. Maybe next time.

A Point of view picture from the laptop of my cousin in Brisbane who didn't came back to Malaysia for the funeral. 

Picture of two of the most prominent people in my kampung. Favourites of uncles and aunties there, there are loved by many. Although they seem not to have much but they work hard and earn honest income. The one on the right, Bandung, is an important person of the kampung. He is also an important person in Penang, playing a major role in upkeeping the cleanliness and making sure everything is in order.
Here's Syed Fadhil Almufathal. With me. 


Well, it will be my time to die one day and I hope someone will write something somewhere when it happens . because real death happens when the last person who mentions your name, mentions it for the last time. 


Comments

  1. Sharifah Shefa binti Syed Ahmad Almashoor (1922-2016) aka Kak Pah Tanjung - a very well-known face during wedding feasts, engagement, 'merisik' and all that it entails. The last surviving child of Syed Ahmad bin Omar Almashoor and probably one of the few people alive who would have met Sheikh Zachariah Basheer, who is her maternal grandfather and well-known Penang alim. Sadly she was 'lost to the world' for a few years before her death to the point that she could not even recall her husband's name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. It enlightens me much. Will be sharing the info with my family.

      Delete
  2. hi! saya ingin mengucapkan salam takziah buat saudara.dan sampaikan kirim salam saya kepada syed fadhil al-mufathal dari kawan lama dia di Uitm dulu.tq

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts