Life, Now, Is As Good As It Gets

 Life, right now, is as good as it gets. It can't get better and it can't be worse. All that I have done, all the decisions I have taken, every thought I have, all of that and everything actually culminates to me being here right now.

It's not about being grateful but I think things can be so far worse off. I, in my typical over analysing mode, I would usually feel that life can get better somehow. That I could have done things better, chose better people, made better life choices, thought out things and worked hard and smart. You know, be that great person and live up to my full potential.



But, fuck that.

Life is now and here. The past don't really matter, because even if we learnt some valuable lessons, life doesn't repeat and circumstances change so much that the lesson don't really apply anymore. People change every second. What I am now is not what I was last five minutes.

A good friend once told me,

"We tend to overanalyze things, which makes our own life difficult. Enjoy what you have now because it won't last. Relationships, family, friends, work; they all will lose their novelty one day and all we can do is to enjoy it until that final moment comes because nothing lasts forever"




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts