RISE Conference in Hong Kong 2016

This is my first time attending RISE conference in Hong Kong.

It was kinda cool to meet so many people from  young startups to seasoned investors. It was full of energy, everyone is explaining about their business or their ideas for a good business model.

Almost every kind of startups were there, from Advertising, Artifical Intelligence, Content& Media, Data science, E commerce (this was very popular), Lifestyle , Social Media, Marketing, PR, Software, Big Data. Yeah, all the cool, new, things.

When we set up our booth, I think I had explained around 78 times on our business model. But everyone was an informavore trying to consume every information of everything at the same time.







This presentation on Quantum Technology and everything quantum got me stumped for a bit. This is rocket science.





There were many talks ongoing at the same time and it was mid boggling to choose which to attend. 

The best might be watching the startups pitching their ideas to evaluators where they face the crowd directly and handled their nerves while thinking of what to answer to all the tough questions. 

Then there are also talks given by experts in their own field. The way to go is international, never limit yourself. Dream big but don't forget the details. Never give up but take cautionary chances. Those were some things I heard and hope to practice. 

Well, I did learn a lot and I hope this will benefit me some day. It was something amazing to have shared our dreams for sentiment analytics with others, especially those learned and experience ones. Some challenged our ideas while others praise them. 

It's time to go back now and it's time to make use of the lessons I learned there. Hong Kong itself is an important lesson but that, I will share in another blog posting. 

Business is tough and business is for the tough.



Fellow compatriots from Malaysia, Pasar Tap :




Comments

Popular Posts