Bazaarina Ramadan in Shah Alam 2019


Shah Alam is very competitive in its Malayness in Malaysia, true to its potential. While most places will only use the term Bazaar, Shah Alam went ahead and used Bazaarina Shah Alam, that it's a she. 

Anyway, I went to see the Bazaarina, located at a parking lot near Stadium Shah Alam and walked about all over her yesterday.

Coming in at around 6, which was peak time for any bazaar Ramadhans, be it male or female, parking was hard to find and traffic was pure stress. I found a slot to park (legally) after 20 minutes of quiet prayers in the heat and lack of water from fasting.

There are 4 rows of lanes for food stalls. Assuming each lane has 20 on each sides, I estimate there are around 160 stalls in total but I believe its more than that.



Its a young crowd at the Bazaarina Shah Alam, most are from UiTM students in Shah Alam. Most people walk in groups or 4 or 5 people, most probably came in the same car there as there are no easy public transportations nearby the stadium.  It was hot and I was sweating af. Alone, I photographed people and food there as if I was I was paid to do it, giving me a semblance of carrying out a real serious task.





Takoyaki is a ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special molded pan. It is typically filled with minced or diced octopus, tempura scraps, pickled ginger, and green onion. There was no long queue for this stall though.


This is the normal view you get. Pray that nobody meets anyone they know or there will be traffic congestion and there's no traffic police to stop it. Pray again they don't chat for too long.








 A common sight at Pasar Malam, beggars. I managed to catch this girl's reaction as she walked by.




I really don't understand why the need to wait for a long queue for murtabak at EVERY ramadan bazaar. I don't get it. Just a few meters away there is another stall. Whats so difference? I am thinking it must be the feel to be in order and follow the crowd. Sheepish tendencies.





Look at the smile on the guy after waiting and queuing for so long!
















 Roti John kambing!


































Comments

Popular Posts