The Day Kudsia Kahar Accused Me Of Making A Death Threat To An Indian Girl On Twitter (Not A Racist Post) #BlackLivesMatters




Radio DJ Kudsia Kahar Article Pic 1


When I was still studying in high school, we didn't have smartphones. We didn't even have dumb phones. So our main source of entertainment was the radio. Of course, if you have extra money you can buy a walkman, which jurassic remains are now stored in museums all over the world. 

The radio was like YouTube without moving images and the search facility back then. The most popular type was the rectangle ones around 3 inches by 5 inches wide so you can put on your table while you were studying and listen. 

I vividly remember Kudsia Kahar as one of my favourite radio DJ and she was so wise on the air with good English, nary a grammar error. She was funny, articulate and did I tell you she was a radio DJ? She was complimented in another radio channel (or was it the same) to the Fly Guy, a Chinese looking dude who is actually Malay but was so so funny on air. The Fly Guy was also a radio DJ.

So last week I got into a lightly heated exchange with an Indian girl. I wrote there lightly heated because we were quite alright. It was the other people that was angry and panicking if May 13 would happen again. Since I already apologised to her, I would not share in detail what she said or what I said. That is already water under the bridge. You can ask many in Twitter about that but you are probably 287 trending issues too late. 

I actually didn't want her to be bashed by other Malay Twitter accounts so I advised her nicely to delete her tweet. She didn't. The second time, I wanted to put a little pressure so she would delete it. In my haste, I turned into a racist with one single tweet. I never knew I had it in me to be a racist. But with the coronavirus and lockdown and depression (Yes, I am using that card),I told her that she should take care otherwise if called by the police for her tweet, she should remember what usually happens to Indians in jail/lockup. 

Yes, that was racist. But I did raise some awareness of the issue. And that should be a good thing. Surprise surprise, out of the blue Kudsia Kahar said the magic word, "death threat". Say that in slow motion now. Deeeaaaaattthhhhhh threaaaaaatttt. 

Khalid and Indian friend

   Sorry wrong picture. This was me with an Indian friend chillin' as we always do every evening at the hood yo.

Kudsia Kahar

Yeah, this one. "Pure and simple" that I made a death threat, my favourite radio DJ said. I actually imagined her voice saying that to me. As the infographic above shows, I told her that I already apologised many times to many people about it, including and especially the girl. So I am not sure whose death I was threatening when Kudsia Kahar said that. And again, its pure and simple. I told you she's smart, innit.

Now, I was not too sure what she meant with pure and simple because to me it was complex. The girl had directly messaged me and accepted my apologies. I blocked her until today though because I wanted to avoid from reading her tweets forever. No, its not due to race issues but its a conscious decision to not let people misunderstood my honourable and low key intention to save people from the atrocities of social media bashing that has been proven in some countries to end up in suicide among young people. But to Kudsia Kahar (DJ) it was pure and it was also simple that I had made a death threat.

To decipher what she said, I have to resort to making mental arithmetics. If the girl was alright and I made a death threat, is my alleged "threat" not deadly? Just because I am a Malay my alleged "threat" is not deadly? Or is it because she is Indian that her strength in facing things made her stronger so even a death "threat" doesn't affect her that much? Waittaminit. She said pure and simple. What was pure and simple? I am pure she's simple? The threat was simple and I am pure? The Indian girl was simple and I am pure? Kudsia has amazing telekinetic powers to understand both what I said yet can't read what the girls communicated to me? 

Yeah, I don't understand that sentence either. But I took the opportunity to compliment Kudsia Kahar on her voice and we said somethings and there was that radio listener vs DJ chemistry that I felt was so strong, it made me want to wear high school uniform again.

Kudsia Kahar was not only smart she was also brave to tag the Malaysian police's twitter account. She knew something and she's not afraid to say it in public sphere. I am not saying that because I really don't even know what that is. Pure and simple. 

Kudsia Kahar







Comments

  1. This is too funny. Patutlah dia attack you, dia kan kawan baik dengan Patrick Teoh. U pulak cakap Patrick Teoh racist. Sia-sia kena chop racist dari geng yang backup racist! Kah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts